For Our Guests
The spacious log Lodge at Northland Lodge is exactly what you think of when you remember the Minnesota vacations of your childhood. If you come from a busy city area this may be something you have never seen before. The lodge is original to the resort (built in 1919 of huge Norway pines) and is the heart of the resort. This Northern MN resort will bring history and tradition to any family trip.
In it guests find a great gathering place - perfect for that mid-day snack, play video games, a game of pool or ping pong, or a chat in front of the fireplace. The snackbar serves beer, pop, pizza, and candy.
Just outside the lodge is the kids' favorite - our heated, in-ground swimming pool. It is the perfect place to spend hot summer days with family or friends. The sunning deck is also a great place to soak up the sun while catching a quick nap or reading a few pages of a good book with Lake Winnie in the view.
The shower house for our campers is also located in the Lodge. With two full bathrooms (complete with showers) it is a clean and convenient amenity for our campers. Our coin operated laundry is also located in the lodge - making chores easy since the kids can snack and play games while mom and dad do laundry.
• Wireless internet in lodge and cabins
• Play video games, pool, ping-pong
• Relax by the fireplace inside the lodge
• Kayaks, paddleboats, and canoe
• Heated, in-ground swimming pool
• Sunning deck to relax and soak up the sun
• Shower house with two full bathrooms for campers
• Coin operated laundry
• Ice cream treats
• All cabins have air conditioning!
• Each cabin comes furnished with pots, pans, dishes, coffee maker, microwave, charcoal grill and bed linens.
• Every cabin has a view of Lake Winnie!
• Towels, washcloths and personal items are NOT provided.
• No fires by cabins, use fire pits indicated on resort layout map
• Recycle all plastic, glass, aluminum and tin in the designated receptacles in cabins
• Properly dispose of all trash and recyclable items prior to 5:00 pm outside of cabins
Northland Lodge is part of the rich and storied past of Lake Winnibigoshish. The resort was started in 1919 by F.M. Williams and was originally built for the Minneapolis Hunting Club. The log lodge was built from huge Norway pines cut from area forest. In the early days guests used flat-bottom boats to fish for walleye and big northern and paid less than $15 per week for cabin rental. The bridge over the Winnie Dam was one lane as were the "roads" to Deer River and Bena. One local historian described the road to Bena as a "trail through the brush" with no grading done at all. He remembered having to find a place in the forest to "turn out" to allow the other car to pass if two cars met on the road.
The original log lodge still stands - a tribute to the ingenuity and craftsmanship of previous generations - and today houses the office, snack shop, game room, laundry facility and campground shower house. It also serves as "activity central" with the heated swimming pool located next to the building.
The history of Northland Lodge is preserved in the classic feel of this modern Minnesota resort.
Call today to schedule your trip to Lake Winnie and become a part of its history in the making.
Northland Lodge wants to be a dog friendly resort, but we need your help to be able to continue to offer this new option to our customers. The above agreement must be fully followed or we will revert back to our “no dog” cabin policy. No other pets are allowed.
• Cost is $20 per night or $100 per week per dog (non-refundable).
• Damage deposit is $100 per dog, maximum of 2 dogs per cabin. The damage deposit will be returned via mail after the cabin and the surrounding area of the cabin has been inspected and only if no damage has occurred. Northland Lodge will notify you if damages are found.
• The Dog owner is responsible for the interior and exterior of the cabin and any damages that may be incurred by the dog(s). This includes, but is not limited to, excessive hair in the cabin, chewing/scratching damage in/out of the cabin, yard damage (digging holes), excess fecal matter in the yard, urine/fecal stains on the carpet/furniture.
• The dog owner is responsible for the cleanup and proper disposal of their dog’s fecal matter.
• Dogs will not be left unattended in the cabin unless they are confined to a kennel. Dogs cannot be tied to a tree at any time.
• Dogs that are outside of the cabin must be on a leash, in human hand, at all times.
• It is your responsibility to maintain control of your dog(s) at all times. Aggressive dog behavior (fighting) will not be tolerated and Northland Lodge will not be responsible for your negligence.
Call 1-800-272-2338 or contact us for more information on your next northern Minnesota vacation!